Join Louise Windsor for this Yoga Nidra CPD teacher training course. Louise has created this training to provide an overview of the different schools and styles of yoga nidra, an understanding of the different stages and how to teach it sensitively, so that you can feel confident to create and teach your own. The world needs more yoga nidra!
The benefits of yoga nidra seem endless – lowered blood pressure, heart rate, breathing rate, enhanced digestion, hormonal balance, improved immunity and nervous system regulation – very much related to our brain waves, breath, conscious and subconscious activity (neuroscience). Indeed, it has been scientifically proven to reduce stress levels and calm the mind.
Yoga Nidra can be incorporated into any mind / body class at the end, after savasana or relaxation as well as being a practice in its own right. There are also different layers to the practice, and you could choose which ones would be most appropriate for your group as well as you as a teacher.
Want to experience the benefits for yourself? Keep reading to find Louise’s gift to you – a free 20 min yoga Nidra.
During this course you will:
- Learn how to safely lead your students through a guided experience that will induce deep relaxation, tone the vagal nerve, help to regulate blood pressure, heart rate and hormones, may facilitate self-healing through activation of the parasympathetic nervous system, help with insomnia, increase imagination and inspire creativity.
- Learn about the different brain waves, functions of the brain and liminal space amongst other fascinating brain, mind and body connections.
- Learn the different stages of a Yoga Nidra to understand their purpose and be able to plan your own.
- Understand the lineage of Yoga Nidra, to be aware of its risks and how to teach it with care and sensitivity.
- Practise each stage of sharing a Nidra and a full practice to feel comfortable teaching it safely after the course.
- Learn how to lead a 20 min restorative Savasana and understand the difference between that and a Yoga Nidra
Following attendance of the course, you will:
- Submit a completed worksheet
- Write your own Yoga Nidra script that you will practise and then submit along with a reflection having taught it
- Attend 3 different Yoga Nidras and journal about your experience.
- 200 hr Yoga teacher training or equivalent
Certification and Accreditation
- You will receive a Harmonise Training certificate for 25 hours CPD.
- Yoga Alliance registered students can use these hour for CPD OR 300hr advanced training with Harmonise.
- Those attending for personal development will receive a Harmonise certificate of attendance and won’t be qualified to teach.
To book pleae visit the Harmonise Training website